Sunday, June 14, 2009

Day One Hundred-two, 090610 - Jupiter, FL

Day One Hundred Two, Date Wednesday, June 10, 2009
Time in Saddle: n/a
Distance for the Day: n/a (still in Jupiter, FL)
Accumulated Trip Distance: n/a
Altitudes: Starting/Ending n/a
Speeds: n/a
Weather: Warm, humid mostly clear
Expenditures: $0

(Demitol! I didn’t take *any* pictures – that was a BIG mistake.) Got up at 8am, did my laundry in Lynne’s washer and dryer, read my Shakespeare book, and brought the Google Maps and my blog up to date. Lynne got back from work at about 3pm, and we decided to go snorkeling at a nearby beach, that was also on the way to a local cycling club meeting at 5:30pm. It wasn’t Looe Key, but there were still lots of colorful fish, and Lynne saw a barracuda (I missed it, Demitol). Interestingly, they won’t let you snorkel at this beach (and I presume others in the area, too) unless you have a dive buoy, which Lynne had. She tied it to her ankle with a 20’ or so string – keeps the boats away. After about an hour, we got out, showered off the salt water at the facility, there, dressed, and headed out to the cyclist club meeting. Lynne was going to start as the President, and needed to get all the insurance and other club paperwork turned over to her. I also attended, and listened in on the meeting, answered questions about my trip, and hung out. Afterwards, Lynne, Miller (former president of , and me went to dinner at a Thai restaurant, and we talked the evening away. Lynne was quickest on the credit card draw, and she got the tab, darn her ;-) After that, we said good night to Miller, and Lynne drove us back to her place, puttered around a bit, and went to bed. I, of course, blogged more and finished reading my No Fear Shakespeare book. It was pretty cool, being able to read Macbeth, though it was pretty short – I finished it in just a few days. I got to bed around midnight.

No comments: