Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Day Twelve - Fourteen, 090314 - Los Angeles, CA

Day 12-14 (Th,Fr,Sa), Date March 12-15, Time n/a
Time in Saddle: n/a
Distance for the Day: n/a miles: From n/a To n/a
Accumulated Trip Distance: n/a
Altitudes: Starting n/a, Highest: n/a, Accumulated: n/a
Speeds: Avg: n/a mph, Max: n/a mph
Weather: mild
Expenditures: n/a

Spent three days at my Auntie Elsie’s. While there, I finally took two showers (yay!), washed my clothes, and brought my blog entries almost completely up to date, ready to be uploaded to the site. I uploaded most of the updates via the free wi-fi available at two local libraries. I also “fixed” her front screen door which was sagging, bought and installed a flat HD TV and recycled her old CRT dinosaur from a bygone era, got her a battery powered hand drill (used to fix the door), replaced most of her incandescent light bulbs with fluorescent ones (to save money on power), and put non-slip material on her car’s clutch and brake pedals, which were slick, bare metal, and tough to keep your feet on. How she survived living at the top of that hill with all the steep streets surrounding her, I’ll never know! She took me out to see the movie, The Watchmen, and we had a nice dinner, after. I didn’t know it, but we have somewhat similar taste in movies – imagine that, though she’s a bit more discerning. We both enjoyed The Watchmen, which was one of the most unusual non-formula “hollywood" movie I’ve ever seen – it sure didn’t progress or end as I thought it would. What a surprise!

No comments: